Sunday, August 30, 2009

The New Place (kind of)

This year for football season, we got our all-sports passes with a group of friends. We all decided to tie-dye t-shirts for the games. Mine's on the left, and Jonny's is on the right!

I found the cutest cake pan. It's a giant cupcake! This was my first attempt at it. My future giant cupcakes will be decorated much better!

A few weeks ago, while the family was all here, us girls made recipe boxes. I am not exactly a crafty person, so this was a pretty big deal for me! Painting, mod-podge, stamps, the works...


Here are all of the divider cards. Then on the left is one of the MANY recipe cards I stamped.
Our new(ish) apartment! Ok, so we moved in almost 4 months ago, but I finally took pictures. When we got married housing was scarce so we grabbed whatever we could find, which was a basement apartment in southwest Provo. It was too far from campus to walk, and not to mention pretty old and gross.
So after looking on craigslist for weeks, I found the perfect place! It's clean, cheap, and close to campus!

Jonny just bought me barstools, and I love them! I also love all of the counter space we now have. We had just enough at our old place for our microwave and dish dryer. Yikes! But now I have a place to cook and a dish washer to clean my dishes for me :)
We also now have counter space around the bathroom sink. And a shower with room to move without hitting your elbows :)


1 comment:

Tess said...

The new place looks good! And you've motivated me to get my recipes organized. It probably won't be near as cute, but I'm sick of rifling through papers/sticky notes/3x5 cards...