Friday, December 2, 2011

Someone might get mixing spoons for Christmas...


I don't think I will ever understand why babies like the things they do. Sophie has some really cute toys, but what does she always prefer to play with?

The toys that aren't even toys. Figures!

Some of her favorites are:

mixing spoons
empty water bottles
spice jars
my hairbrush
cardboard boxes
and of course, my cell phone


In an effort to find her a toy that she loved (and that was actually a toy), I took her to the store to pick out a doll. She was pretty grumpy when we went, so I figured if one could make her smile we'd get it.

There were a lot of cute ones, but no matter how many I held up to her, she just scowled at them.

Then I grabbed one without really thinking about it. It was only $3, and for good reason. The other dolls I found were adorable and clearly much nicer. This one was not adorable. Or nice.
But I held it up to her anyways.

I wish I had her reaction on camera! Her eyes lit up, she broke into a huge grin, and started giggling. When she reached for the doll, I gave it to her, and she promplty began to cover it in slobbery kisses.

You have got to be kidding me. It was so sweet, but why couldn't it have been a better one?

Needless to say, we came home from Walmart that day with the ugliest doll they had...


Oh well. The heart wants, what the heart wants.

No comments: