Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Non-Sophie Update :)


I get so focused on blogging about Sophie, I forget to talk about Jonny and I! So here's what we have been up to lately...

Jonny is loving school. I am so glad he has something he loves so much, he is definitely the kind of guy who will be excited to go to work every day! Here he is leaving for school, looking very handsome, of course...

He is in the middle of taking finals right now, so he has been super busy. Because he loves all of his classes though, it's not so bad. He is currently looking for an internship for next summer. He's in the middle of the interview process with a couple different companies, so wish us luck!

Jonny also got voted to be the president of the MSHR Student Association, which is really exciting. Forgive me for being prideful, but I am so darn proud of him! What a stud!

I am doing the same old thing, taking care of the sweetest baby ever. Seriously. As I am typing this she is laying her head on my leg, giving me snuggles. Love her :)

I forgot to mention that we had our annual shopping trip with my grandparents and all of the aunts/cousins. We went to witches night out, so naturally we had to wear our witch hats!


We had Thanksgiving at my parents' house this year, with all of my siblings who live in Utah. Of course, my parents weren't even there because they took Lexi and escaped to Hawaii for a week! We had a lot of fun, but sadly I didn't take any pictures.

I went Black Friday shopping for the first time this year, and it was a blast. Katie, Ashley, and I went to see the new Twilight movie (which I may or may not have laughed so hard in, that I had tears running down my face. It wasn't supposed to be funny....whoops!). Then Ash and I hit up Walmart. We were in and out in an hour, so it wasn't bad at all.

Then we went to Kohls, where I wanted to get a walker toy for Sophie. I was running through the store, frantically asking people if they had seen it. I finally found a lady who told me where they were and I sprinted to the other side of the store like a maniac. It was well worth it though, because I got the very last one :) It's not like I bought any really expensive items, but I had fun chasing down the things I wanted. It was very successful! It was also very tiring though, and we didn't get home til around 3am.

The biggest thing that's happened lately is that we moved...again. We were only in that apt for about 5 months, but an apt came along that we couldn't refuse! Our friends called one day and said there was an opening in their 4-plex, and it was $200/month cheaper than what we were currently paying. Considering that we are in school and trying to save as much money as possible, we went for it! Our new place is pretty decent considering the price, and the living room is much bigger, so we're very glad we did it.

That's all I can think of, so I'll leave you with an awesome picture of Jonny :)

1 comment:

Thompson Family said...

Hahahaha, twilight!!! Good times! And by the way, I LOVE your blog background!