Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Halloween/Nov/Dec


We had a really fun Halloween this year! (Well, I guess last year...) I got Soph's costume for 85 cents when I was pregnant with her - just like last year's spider costume.


She was adorable, as usual.



We took her to our ward Trunk or Treat...



She picked up on the trick-or-treating concept right away! She wouldn't actually say "trick-or-treat" but she would grab her piece of candy, put it in her bucket, and say "thank you! bye!" It was so cute!



It wasn't long before she wanted to enjoy her loot!






Jonny had class til 7:30 on Halloween, but we decided to stop at a few houses on our way home from picking him up. Sophie was a pro by then, and knew exactly what to do! The only problem was that she kept wanting to walk right inside people's houses :)


We didn't carve pumpkins as a family, but I did make these little guys...


They got spookier as the month went on (read: they got moldy and rotten).




Soph and Maren still have the best time together. Here is Soph giving her one of her famously awkward hugs :)




I love fall, so I was very excited for the cooler weather! Especially because it meant I could pull out Soph's coat and boots, which I love :)




It also meant it was time to stock up on soups!


Can you tell butternut squash soup is our favorite??





Soph loves to get tangled in her jammies while she sleeps. This is right after she woke up...








As the weather got colder and colder, we spent more and more time at the library. Soph loves the computer games there.




Sophie discovered the joys of homemade pudding. She is quite the helper in the kitchen :)




We spent some time with family during those couple of months. I brought some foam stickers to my parents' house and the kiddos loved them!



We stopped at firehouse subs (one of my favorites!) on our way to Jonny's parents' house and I think Sophie likes it just as much as I do.


Plus she looked adorable in the hat :)

3 comments:

Tess said...

Elisa plays Reader Rabbit at the library too!

Julia said...

I love all of these pictures. How are you guys? I can't believe how big Sophie's getting. She is so stinkin' cute! We miss having you guys around here. Any chance of you moving back?

Jonny and Alli Katseanes said...

Julia! We are doing great. Jonny is interviewing for jobs right now, so who knows where we'll end up. Probably not Denver though, which is sad. Maybe one day! Oh, and I'm not sure if you knew, but we are expecting a little boy in July :)