Monday, April 1, 2013

Christmas with the Lords family


I was worried about Sophie attacking our little Christmas tree this year, so I made her a tree out of felt to play with...


I imagined her playing with it for hours, rearranging the ornaments to her liking. Of course, though, she played with it for about 5 minutes and never touched it again.

At least she left our tree alone! (for the most part)



Since we spent last Christmas in Seattle with Jonny's family, we spent this year with mine.
I must say, being on the parent side of holidays is even more fun than being a kid! I love planning out presents and surprises for Soph. I love watching her face light up as she opens the gifts I picked out for her.






My Dad took his usual role as the "present-hander-outer", as I like to call it.




I thought Hungry Hungry Hippos would be a big hit, but she won't play it. She's obsessed with the little balls though, and plays with them all the time! I think about 1/2 of them are already missing :(



My parents got J-bear a fly fishing pole, which he was very excited about!



And I got a sewing machine! Wahoo!!

(See the baby belly? It's about 1,962 times bigger now)

Soph loved the golf hat I got for Jonny, and wore it all day long :)





I just couldn't resist a picture here... Don't you love Jonny's sock/boot combo? Our nephews on his side got them for him for Christmas, and he didn't want to take them off :)




We had a wonderful Christmas, and a fantastic break! We spent lots of time with family, and had a great time.
Jackson took Soph on a ride in the jeep. She spent the whole time alternating between smiling/giggling and crying. Just couldn't decide if she liked it or not :)



I think there were a few more smiles than tears though, so I would say it was a success!

No comments: