Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Dirty Dash

Last Saturday Jonny and some friends ran in the dirty dash up at soldier hollow. It was a 10k mud run, which was so cool!

Here is the group! 2 teams of 5


There were obstacles throughout the entire course, including this giant slip n' slide!


A lot of people dressed up, I thought this team was clever. They ran the whole thing chained together!


This is right after they came out of the "mystery obstacle" which ended up being a marsh. yuck. It stunk pretty bad, and the runners had to be careful not to lose their shoes!
This happened to be the spot where spectators could throw water balloons, so the boys are trying to block them :)


Already getting muddy!


Here is the mud pit at the end of the course


It was crazy!


Can you even tell that he was wearing a white shirt?!


Yep, he got pretty dirty!


The team after:



They got to shower off after..


Jonny had such a blast, and I had so much fun watching it.

On a side note, I made sugar cookie fruit tarts (thanks for the recipe Kylee!) the other night. They were sooo good!



3 comments:

Rodney and Kylee said...

OKay... yours look a million times better than mine do! Aren't they the best?!? I crave them! Miss you guys-- hope the pregnancy is going well!

Thompson Family said...

oh my heck I so want to run that! Jonny can I be on your team next year?????

Big Al said...

Jonny you the Man! That looks way fun. I'm not sure I could even do a 10K on roller blades...