Friday, August 12, 2011

Get ready...


For a bunch of posts! I'll have to split them up so I don't get too overwhelmed and give up :)

I'll start out with the Sophie update. Here are her 5 month pictures...




Of course, we had to take a break for a spit-up issue...





Sophie has grown so much lately, it's just crazy. She tries so hard to crawl, but has only been able to move a few inches that way. She's surprisingly mobile, however, when she rolls. She can make it from one end of the room to the other pretty darn fast!

She sleeps with her bum in the air and her mouth wide open :)


She loves to squeal. She likes to see how loud and high she can get her voice to go. She goes so high a lot of the time, that no sound comes out. Silly girl :)

She loves playing with people's faces. She pats my cheeks and stares at my mouth when I talk. She also loves her dad's ears..


She loves to play with my hair, and slowly run her fingers through it. (She also likes to pull on it as hard as she can. Ouch.)

I can vacuum the floor while she's laying there, and even come up right next to her with it and she's fine. But if I wrap a towel around my head when I get out of the shower, she goes into hysterics. For some reason, she's only afraid of our red towels, she's fine with any others. And the second I take it off my head she starts smiling :)


We have tried many times now but she refuses to eat rice cereal. Maybe we'll try something else? I don't know...

Unfortunately, when Jonny's sister, Kristen, and her family came to visit we didn't take many pictures :( But here is one of Kolby playing with Sophie. The boys all love her so much, it's so sweet.


I say "mama" to her all the time to help her learn the word. For some reason though, she thinks it's the funniest word she has ever heard, and she cracks up everytime :)

She loves her tongue. She sticks it out like this all the time. So cute!


She recognizes her name, and turns her head when I say it!

Her legs are getting really strong, and she can stand for quite some time if we hold her hands..


She learned how to give kisses!! I love this. She grabs whatever she can (face, hair..) and pulls you in. Then she opens her mouth and goes for it! She used to just bang her face against whoever she was kissing, but she has become quite passionate, and loves to use her tongue (oh dear, we're in trouble!). If I try to pull away she just pulls me back in til she's finished. It is the cutest thing ever :)

She is such an easy baby. She sleeps 9-11 hours straight every night, and goes down to sleep without any fussing. When I put her down for a nap or bedtime I don't even have to rock her, I just lay her in her crib. She is usually sound asleep in under a minute! And if it takes longer, she just lays there quietly until she falls asleep. Like I said, easy baby.


And so darn cute :)

1 comment:

Gordy and Jenn said...

you are one lucky mama. sophie is soooo cute!