Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lords Family Reunion


The past few weeks have been so fun. My entire family has been in Utah for my brother's wedding, so we've been pretty busy going to the pool, playing farkle, rook, and hand n foot, watching movies (indoors and out), going shopping at the Park City outlets, throwing a bridal shower, playing mini golf, minute to win it, boating, baking a ton, and of course, throwing up. We can't all get together without passing around the stomach flu. Everyone (except for my parents, somehow) all got it at least once, if not twice.

But even though we got sick, we had a great time. We went down to Ephraim (where Ashley now lives) to go boating.




Even though I really don't like water, I went tubing.


Clearly I enjoyed it.

Need a closer look?

You're welcome.

Sophie was put in the shade all day...


And got a little restless..


So we let her out for about 10 minutes. She was wearing 50 spf and had a hat on, but still managed to sunburn her cheeks!


During one of our trips back home, we got to see Jeno, a close friend that Jonny met on his mission in Hungary. He hardly speaks English, and I don't speak Hungarian, so it made for an interesting visit :)


We all went to Park City to shop at the outlets. I got a few things, but my favorite purchase?

A bikini for Soph for next summer. Darling.

Whenever we get together we take family pictures. Here is one of just my little family :)


My mom had the idea to watch a movie outdoors so we set up the projector and watched Tangled. It was so fun and the grandkids loved it!



Jonny wrote me a note out of pretzels one day :)


After all of that, it was finally time for the reason we were all here. My brother Drew married his darling sweetheart, Chelsea, in the Salt Lake temple. Lexi and I were in charge of making some food for the reception. We ended up making about 360 oreo truffles and 370 lemon cupcakes. It was quite the undertaking, but luckily we had lots of help.

The sealing was beautiful, as was the reception. Here they are coming out of the temple..


I realize these are terrible quality, but it's all I've got!


We all love Chelsea to death and are so excited that she's part of the family!

2 comments:

Becca and Bryan said...

that picture of you made my night..BAHAHA i miss you so much! And, Chelsea and Andrew are so cute together!! :)

Gwen said...

Oh Alli, you make me laugh so hard! I love you.