Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pinterest


I was kind of skeptical of pinterest at first, but now I love it. It's so fun to browse through crafty ideas and yummy recipes. I've noticed a lot of people use it more as a place to daydream - you know, "pin" things that they know they won't ever have. While that's great and all, I try to be a little more practical.

I've actually gotten some pretty good ideas from it!

For starters, I found these oreo truffles...


They were so good and we even made them for my brother's wedding. I also found a recipe for rolo cupcakes, which Lexi and I tried out...


While I didn't like the cake itself on these, the caramel buttercream was amazing. I have made a few other recipes that I've found and they are delicious!

I'm not usually a crafty person, but pinterest has inspired me :) I made this birds nest necklace..


It's not near as cute as the example, but considering I did it in under 5 minutes, I think it turned out ok.

I also found this cute idea...


I made this "can of dates" for Jonny, and it's full of different, cheap date ideas. This isn't the actual can I made, mine didn't turn out as cute (I told you I wasn't crafty...)

Anywho. Just wanted to share my newest obsession with you all :)

No comments: