Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas Break - Highland


We spent a good portion of our break in Highland, at my parents' house. We had a great time!

One day we all got together and made gingerbread men and houses. The kids were so cute, and went straight to work.... eating the frosting.


I gave Sophie a cookie, which she loved!


But then I got in trouble from Grandma for not putting frosting on it!


She went to work dipping her finger in the frosting and eating it very daintily :)

While she was occupied with that, I went around to see what everyone else had come up with. Ash made a traditional gingerbread man...


Drew.... did not.


His gingerbread man was eating another gingerbread man. Typical :)

Then there was Lexi's....


She struggled... then said it was Lady Gaga :)

I made my way back around to Soph, who had decided to throw her previous technique out the window and just dove right in!


I refrosted that cookie 3 times, and she loved every minute of it!




She even offered to share with her daddy :)



This picture reminds me of Drew when he was little...

He would always stick things on his face like that.

What can I say? My family is a little strange...


I'm the normal one, I promise :)


We spent the rest of the time there playing games, eating good food, watching movies, and just relaxing! Sophie loves her cousin Jackson. All he would have to do is look and her, and she'd giggle!


He loves her too, and always asks if he can hold her...

(I promise he was happy here, this is just how he would smile for pictures!)

Sophie also loves my parents' dogs. They love her too, but for different reasons :)

They definitely know where to sit if they want to be fed.

Because we weren't going to be there for Christmas, we got to open our gifts a little early. Sophie didn't understand it yet, but it was still fun to watch.


We exchanged this for the Leap Frog version, which is what my mom tried to get in the first place, and it is one of her favorite toys. She smiles everytime she sees it!



Lexi got her a tutu! It's still a little big, but so darn cute :)




Thanks to Mom and Dad for the awesome gifts! We sure are spoiled :)

When we got back from Seattle we went to Highland again, and Lexi and I made some delicious toffee cupcakes...


And I convinced my mom to get Just Dance for the wii, so we played that a ton. It was a great trip!

No comments: