Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Break - Seattle


This Christmas was awesome - we went up to Seattle to be with Jonny's sister Kristen and her cute little family. It was quite the drive up there! We drove with Jonny's parents and left at 3 am so Sophie would be asleep for as much of it as possible. Lucky for us, she is a champ in the car and didn't cry once!

I was so glad she had her leap frog toy, it occupied her attention for hours!


Kristen and Isaac live in Auburn, which is where I decided I want to live :) It was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I don't like a lot of heat, and while I don't hate the cold, I definitely prefer cool/mild weather. I also love rain, so I think Washington and I are a match made in heaven. And Auburn was just a picture perfect place, in my opinion, so we will definitely be looking for jobs up there! (plus, that's where Kristen and Isaac live, so that's reason enough to want to live there!)

Anyways, we had a great time. They took us to see the "blue house"


Crazy, huh??


On Christmas Eve we had cheese fondue, which I swear, gets better and better each year. It was delicious!

I was so excited for Christmas this year, because of Sophie. She's still too young to understand what was going on, but we had fun anyway :)

Here she is, going through her stocking...


She loves those little books, and carries them around the house with her..


Jonny and I enjoyed our stockings as well...


Soph had no interest whatsoever in opening the presents. At least she enjoyed them afterwards!


Her cousins, on the other hand, were seasoned pros...


Of course, we had to stop for a bottle break...


Then went back to work on the presents...


Eli gave Sophie some piano lessons to show her how her new toy worked :)


On the last day we were there (Monday) we drove into Seattle. We made a quick stop at Pike's Place...



It was fun to see them throw the fish around!




One of the main reasons we went into the city was to go to Red Mill Burgers, which was featured on Man vs. Food. Unfortunately, they are closed on Mondays! We still had fun though, and it made me want to live in WA even more!

It was such a great Christmas! We love the Lind family and had a great time with them :)

Oh, and here is a video of Sophie singing in the car. Adorable.

No comments: